Thursday, July 12, 2012

Way Overdue and Very Random

I have been a serious blogging slacker.  I'll do my best to give the highlights of what I've been up to for the past . . . month-ish.
I had a great time at a bridal shower for my friend Wendy who I didn't even get a picture of!  I used her camera.  Katherine, Alison, and I did get this picture.  Katherine and I had matching colors and Alison and I had matching earrings.  Wendy is now married.  I need to check in on her!
We've had LOTS of rain so my grass has been turning junglish.  If I wait a full week or longer, which I have been doing, my new lawnmower (it's even self propelled) has a fight with it.  That's going to be part of my weekend coming up!
We had a gardening "ARM" about a month ago.  I made these cute little dirt pudding cups with oreo crumbles and mint leaves.  They were a big hit!
At our Super Saturday activity, Alicia taught me how to make placemat purses.  I made this one for my mom's birthday.  I thought it turned out really cute.
Sherylin and I decided to work together on some glass etching that we'll do for a future "ARM." 
When I visited Susannah after Penny was born, we used the Cricket to cut out mine and Sherylin's names in contact paper to put them on our pans.
Here's a finished product.  It's kind of hard to see, but they turned out really cute.
We had to take a self portrait since she got us these fancy safety goggles.  Mine obviously wouldn't stay on my nose.  
I've hung out with a few different groups, but this is one I thought to take a picture of.  This was my friend Monica's birthday party.
I've also had some fun visits lately.  Abraham's wife, Stacia just had their second baby.  This is Maddie Rae. She's a very pretty baby.
Here are Sari and Maddie together.  It was a fun visit.
I also got to see Erum's baby when I went to get my eyebrows done.  She's super cute too.  I believe her name is Dalia.
I'm on the "Time Out for Women" team this year.  We had a little rally down in Galveston.  The weather was amazing!
We had a fun group who went down to watch fireworks one Friday night in June in Kemah.  They were pretty great.  I was impressed that my phone camera took this good of a picture!  Sad I didn't take any pictures of people!
So . . . I met this guy named Robert.  We've spent some time getting to know each other over the past month and a half.  He's a firefighter and has recently joined the Army Reserves.
He also likes making chain mail.  I've never been that into that sort of stuff, until he showed me the jewelry making side of it.  I made these little earrings using a "mobius" design.  I'm working on a couple of necklaces right now.
I really like him.  We took a couple of pictures of ourselves the last time I saw him.
These are after a long day and they're not the best, but they'll do.  Not only is this the last time I saw, him but it's the last time I'll see him until JANUARY.
He just reported to Ft. Benning, GA for basic training then he's off to Maryland for more training.  Just my luck, eh?

7 comments:

adam warr said...

Fun stuff! Adam thinks he looks like Matt Damon!

adam warr said...

Fun stuff! Adam thinks he looks like Matt Damon!

adam warr said...

Fun stuff! Adam thinks he looks like Matt Damon!

Wendy Sue said...

Nice! I had forgotten about the chain mail, Adam Bushman will be excited about that. By the way, I love the purse!

Susannah said...

I just commented quickly from the iPad before. I also really like the babies. Both are adorable! I really like the purse, and I really like Robert!

Dadra said...

Hmmmm....Robert's in Maryland...we're in Maryland...two good reasons to come and visit!!

Kristal said...

Hmm, Dedra's in Maryland, Robert's in Maryland...2 good reasons to take ME to Maryland!
Um, super hot catch! And I LOVE YOUR HAIR! I want your hair if I grow up. And purse? I didn't even read the blog post I'll get on it.