Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last weekend I . . .

Last Saturday Megan invited me to go to a "workshop." Usually I'm not too keen on spending any weekend time on anything having to do with work, but this was one I couldn't pass up. I even paid $10 to go!
A few years ago, I saw this movie, "Freedom Writers." It was really good. It's based on a true story.
There's a book out with the real stories of the kids and the teacher who this was based on.
This is a trailer of the movie just to give you an idea about what her presentation was about.
This is Erin Gruwell. She was a great speaker and I loved every minute of her presentation.
The title of her presentation was "Change." Here's a scene from the movie that this was based on.
I forgot to say that we met Katherine there. We went out to the Olive Garden after that. It was a great morning and afternoon.
Very much unrelated was the ping pong tournament we had that evening. No, I still didn't win, but it was a fun time for sure.
Julie brought a special outfit to increase her odds, but sadly, she didn't win either. It was a new guy that we hadn't met yet, John. Dang it!
Part of the fun included people taking my camera and taking pictures of themselves and others.
Here's a nice shot Nate took of his and Wendy's nostrils. Nice.

No comments: