Friday, October 3, 2008

Memory Lane

I am mourning the passing of my beloved "boom box."
I got my CD player for Christmas . . . in the year 1993! This little guy has worked for me since then, but has recently taken his last breath! So sad!
My parents gave it to me along with my first two CDs - Bon Jovi Keep the Faith and a best of Beethoven one. What a duo.
I actually was checking back in my journals to make sure I had the correct year and came across some funny stuff including the fact that I gave my dad an "assortment of cheeses" for his birthday. I also got a kick out of all I wrote about my high school romance with Jeff Hansen. For you Joseph City readers, here are a couple of important things of note that happened close to the time I got this CD player: Zachary Miller and Branick Larsen were born, and Ila Claire Miller passed away.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have the exact same boom box. I think I got mine around the same time, too!

Amanda Murdock said...

You always make me laugh. I love that you looked back in your journal about your boom box and also the gift of cheese is priceless. So funny!

crack'n up ourselves said...

Alona,
You almost look like you are about to laugh in that picture. It is fun to take a stroll down memory lane.

Matt & Andrea said...

Wow. Almost 15 years old. How old is that in CD player years? 100? 150?

Dadra said...

So sorry about the loss of your CD player...just know it is now in a better place!!!

okbushmans said...

Ryan wished my boom box died. Rest in Peace boom box.