Monday, May 10, 2010

So long, Collette!

My streak of bad luck continues! Another great friend has moved!
Collette is now back in UT! I've been spending lots of weekends with her and her fun cousin Kyle and his wife Fran. They're great. We've watched many a great movie on that couch!
I was a little more involved in this journey than those of some of my other friends. I was planning on going to San Angelo to visit my mom for Mother's Day this last weekend and Collette was planning on leaving the same day and was heading the same direction so we decided to take the first leg of her journey together. We were LOVING the scenery along the way. There were TONS of wild flowers - more than I've ever seen. There were a lot of these red flowers out.
Here's a shot of a field we stopped by on the way. There were so many pretty ones, but this was the first one I could find a good place to pull over at.
Quinn and Carly, some of Collette's friends from UT flew down here to drive back with her. They were a lot of fun! They stayed Friday night in San Angelo with us before continuing on their journey. They made it safely home late Saturday night - actually it was early Sunday morning!
Here are us girls.
I'll sure miss you, Collette! You're great!

1 comment:

Wendy Sue said...

I'm glad your fun friends stayed with us.