Friday, August 3, 2007

Road Trip Number 2


My, it's been a fun summer. I apologize for the sheer number of pictures I've uploaded in this post, but after going through the, at least, 200 pictures from this last trip, this is what I've narrowed it down to. For this trip, Adam, Susannah, and I drove straight from Houston to Boise, ID. We were there for almost a week, then spent several days in various Utah locations and then were in the Arizona "Valley" for the end of the trip.
Adam is from Boise. We stayed with his family at the first of our trip. We floated the Boise river soon after we got there. Adam's Dad has a plane. He took us out flying one morning. It was awesome.

I'm actually flying the plane in this picture. Pretty cool!

This picture was taken on a lake in Donnelly, ID. We were staying at Adam's friend Brandon's cabin. He had an awesome boat and there were tons of pictures of people water skiing, wake boarding, wake surfing, and what not. I liked this action shot the best of all of them. I just realized I forgot to stick in the coolest tubing picture ever. I'll have to post it by itself after this.

Next, we headed to Placerville to Adam's parents' cabin. They have 80 acres of property up there and we went 4-wheeling forever. It was a lot of fun. Despite the fact that Susannah and I were wearing helmets, we still got pretty dirty. This shot is our attempt and looking tough. Apparently, I forgot to open my eyes.

White water rafting was our last Idaho adventure. We rafted on the Payette river on a section called "the main." It is fairly tame as far as white water rafting goes, but Adam and his friend Aaron still got knocked out on one of the rapids and were stuck under water for at least 10 seconds. Scary! Other than that, the rafting was a blast.

Susannah and I headed to Heber City, UT next. Our grandma still lives there. Here, we're visiting some of my mom's "North" cousins. They have some really cool horses. This one took a liking to "the giant."

This post could also be entitled "some of my favorite people." We made short visits to many of our favorite people. One of our first stops was to the BYU campus. We stopped in the good ole' JKHB to say hello to Paris. He was being a good student and studying there until we interrupted him.

Yahoo! Some Bushmans! We were excited to see our cousin Ryan, his wife Sarah, and their daughter Brenna. They're soon to have a new addition - Cannon. You'd better believe that SkipBo was involved in this visit.

We made another Bushman stop at the new home of our cousin Daylen and his wife Scarlet. They have 3 CUTE little boys named Austin, Connor, and Brady. A couple of days after this picture was taken, Scarlet had their daughter Valeska.

I was excited to see one of my BEST friends in the whole world - Allie. She was a roommate at BYU for a couple of years. It wouldn't be a trip to UT without seeing her!

Here's a picture of my cute mom with her cute mom who turns 92 this September!

Here's a picture I took at our big A.E. Bushman (my great grandpa) reunion in Mt. Pleasant, UT. This is a picture of most of the people who came to the reunion (minus the 10 or so of us standing in the middle of the road taking pictures). This particular branch of Bushmans has over 600 members! Wow!

Our timing was just perfect for this next stop. Richard and Jeffrey Ure are good friends of ours who used to live in Houston, but moved back to UT. We made it just in time for Jeff's mission farewell! Good luck in Taiwan!

Speaking of Texas deserters - the Mulders are some more of our favorite people. Jason is a chiropractor down in AZ (he went to school in Dallas). I grew up with Kristal in Joseph City and really enjoyed having them in Texas for a few years. They're a super fun family with three kids - Jayden, Kamryn, and Boston.

Some of my favorite high school memories include these jokers! Kristal and Greg always kept us laughing in Spanish class. Greg is now a detective with the Phoenix Police Department.

The last AZ stop was the home of my best friend from high school - Jinny. Again, good timing. She had just had twins less than a week before our visit. She named them Sadie and Tatum. I'm having more eye trouble in this picture.

Lest our road trip should be over, we had to make another quick stop at Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. They're pretty amazing!

I love this shot - especially the AWESOME shirt Adam is wearing!

4 comments:

Kristal said...

Looks like you had a lot more fun in Az than in ID.

You guys are awesome! Come back soon! REALLY SOON! We'll be living with my parents, and they have 2 extra rooms, so let's ALL move in!

Jessica J said...

I miss y'all. :( Looks like you had such a GREAT time!!!

Unknown said...

Im bummed you guys didnt come to my house to party - Your Dad is one of my most favorite peeps and your mom was always my beauty idol growing up - Great Posts! (ps, Im kristalls older sister whos home you were suppose to come swim at)

Kristal said...

I like Paris