Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Citrus Creativity


My mom learned something really cool from someone she knows - I can't remember who. What you do, is get some lemons and some peppermint sticks (the dinner mint textured ones). Cut a small hole in the lemon, heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds, and then stick in the peppermint and suck away!
Here are the Bushman girls giving it a shot.
My mom's so cute!
My dad is in the video at the very bottom.
I also gave it a try on my recent Arizona trip. These ones didn't work quite as well. Kristal made a little lemon man out of hers.
The third attempt was just a few days ago here in Houston. Adam, Jen, Susannah, and I had a good time, but these didn't work as well as the first time either. Oh well!
Awww!
Adam's being daring here. We found out on the first attempt that juice that falls out, even though it's pink, is not as sweet as the juice that comes up the makeshift straw. It's pretty darn sour!

He got a lot of juice out of that lemon!

No comments: