Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blueberries

Friday morning I went to pick blueberries with Jen and my Aunt Maylene.
I loved it! This picture shows the various stages of blueberry color. Obviously, you pick them when they're blue!
Jen was great at getting in the bushes and pulling down the tall branches.
Here's my pose. It was REALLY hot out there!
Here's Maylene and Jen. We were almost done at this point.
This is a shot straight down in my bucket. I picked about 3 pounds of berries in a little over an hour. There were lots more when we left too! It's free to get in to the farm and they just charge you $1.50 per pound of blueberries.
I liked this shot of some mostly ripe berries.
We had so much fun picking blueberries, that Jen and I decided to invite our FHE group to do it Monday night. This shot is most of our group that came. I'm missing (obviously) and a couple of others who came a little later. Everyone had a good time.
We had to leave when it got dark. I was trying to take a picture of the moon, but it didn't show up quite like I wanted it too. Oh well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get some blueberries.

Kristal said...

I like your words to live by. I miss you guys. Your shot of the blueberries straight down in your bucket looks VERY appetizing, Mmm, I love antioxidents!!!!

okbushmans said...

I LOVE fresh blueberries. I know we have fruit picking farms, I need to make a date with one!