Thursday, November 24, 2011

Robbie & Brad

Some of you may remember that a couple of summers ago, I got to babysit a little 7 month old boy named Robbie.
This is my favorite picture I took of him during that week.  It was so fun and he was such a good little guy.  I was so sad to take him back at the end of the week!  Sadly I hadn't seen him since I took him back . . . 
until the other day!  Luckily, I now work with his dad and he invited me to Robbie's 2nd birthday party.  He's so big!
Here he is with his mom and grandma and new little brother (who looks a lot like Robbie did when I watched him).
At the party we watched a video of Brad and Jake singing at a stake dance for the youth.  Robbie liked the music and was dancing up in front of the tv.  So cute.
 Recently it was Brad's (Robbie's dad) so I made him a cake.  He requested something pumpkin flavored.
 I had seen this idea on Pinterest and thought I'd try it out.  I just made two pumpkin bundt cakes, turned one upside down and put them together.  I frosted them with cream cheese frosting.  The stem was quite the undertaking.  I put a plastic cup upside down in the middle and rested the stem, made out of some stuff similar to fondant.
 Brad was excited to try it and it was a big hit.
I had to get a picture of the inside with the cup showing because it cracked me up! :)

2 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

I love the cake, I bet it was delicious!

Susannah said...

Yum!