Monday, June 20, 2011

Powell

I left Joseph City and made the 3 hour and 15 minute trip to Lake Powell which is right on the border of AZ and UT.
Adam's parents own a time share on a house boat out there so most of Adam's family went and I was lucky enough to join them. While this post is about Lake Powell, I will forewarn you that this is also an Evie post! Chris, bought this sailor hat for Madelin, Adam's niece, but we tried it out on Evie first. She was too cute.
Here's a shot of some of the scenery to the east of where they anchored the house boat.
Sunday these 3 and I headed into Page to go to church. On the way back we stopped at the Glen Canyon Dam for some pictures. It was an impressive sight. I didn't take any good pictures of the dam itsself.
We did get one of me with my cute little niece!
One of the momentous occasions on this trip was Evie's first swim. She was so cute in her new little swim suit.
We were pretty impressed that she didn't react terribly to the 67 degree water. She really seemed to enjoy her tube.
She REALLY loved sucking on that water noodle, though.
Madelin caught a little lizard that she loved. She rescued it from a little rock island affectionately named Lizard Island, by Madelin, I believe.
Evie was definitely the most popular girl on the boat. Here she is with her Aunt Erika.
Her Aunt Whitney took her for a spin on the lazy susan. We all enjoyed that one.
Grandpa and Grandma Warr enjoyed some time with little Evie at the back of the boat one evening.
Miss stylish Evie had another cute swim suit too and got decked out for swim #2.
This one was not as fun for her, but she put up with it for a little bit.
Here she is chillin in the tube.
Susannah took her out in the shallow warmer water to stick her feet in. It was really cute.
Happy girl!
I love these two together!
Super cute!
I had them pose in front of the houseboat.
Rick was teaching Madelin some scuba essentials. She's going to start taking classes to get certified. I'm jealous!
Close-up of the cutie!
Here's Captain Evie with Grandpa Warr on the speed boat.
Ready to drive already!
There was an amazing moon out most of the nights we were there so Susannah and I had to try out hands at capturing some night shots.
I was pretty proud of this one.
One of my favorite things we did was two of the nights, Vic took us out in the speed boat for some sunset rides. It was so pretty and I wish this picture could do it justice.
This was the best night for the moon. I couldn't get a super clear shot because the boat was rocking and the shutter on the camera stayed open for a long time to capture all the light. It was an amazing view, though!
Evie and Susannah are enjoying the evening air.
A lot of fishing went on as well. I think Whitney caught the biggest fish - this striper.
Adam caught this catfish from off the back of the houseboat. I was on the top deck and got this picture looking down.
Susannah netted it for him. . .
and he removed the hook. They just did catch and release.
Here's the crew the morning Susannah, Evie and I left.
I got back to my car and was shocked to see how high the lake had risen!
Here's a better shot of it. There was a tow slip on it, so I narrowly missed having to pay an impound fee. I also narrowly missed having to get a new car!!!!!!!!!
I borrowed this picture from Deej. This is the crew who was left after we left. Also, Rick and Gabe had left a few days before us. What a fun trip!

1 comment:

deej said...

Good times . . . a few challenges . . . but many happy memories that will last a long time! So glad you were there with us!