Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kauai - Helicopter Ride

When I found out I was going to be heading to Kauai, I decided I was definitely going to do a helicopter ride.  I think it all stems from my love of Jurassic Park! :)
I rode with a company called Sunshine Helicopters that flew right out of Princeville.
I probably won't comment on all the pictures, because there are several, but just know that these are only a small fraction of the ones I took.  This is just right after take off.
These next few are all through the mountains on the wet side of the island.  In this particular valley there were at least 50 waterfalls all over the place.  It was incredible.


We flew over Waimea Canyon again.  It was spectacular!

These next few are along the Napali Coast closer to where we were staying.
The water, reefs and cliffs were all so impressive.
The peak the furthest to the right is the famous Bali Hai peak from the musical "South Pacific."
If you look closely, you can see the trail we hiked the day before.
Hanalea.  You can barely see the beach just to the left.
I had one of my flight mates take this one for me.
I'm definitely glad I did this flight.  It was so beautiful!

No comments: