Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Beach

We had a ward activity at Crystal Beach in Galveston. We picked up trash and then just played and ate hot dogs. It was a really fun day.
After the sun went down, we started roasting hot dogs. I finished eating and went to rinse my hands off in the ocean. As I was walking back I noticed light coming from under my feet when I'd step. It was on the partially wet sand. When I'd step, water would come out and that water glowed. At first we thought it was a reflection from the moon, but it did it even after we shielded the sand from the moon. I think it must have had some sort of bioluminescent stuff in it. It was awesome, whatever it was. Anyway, I tried all sorts of stuff to get either a video or picture of it, but it didn't work, so you'll have to imagine it while looking at this picture of my feet.
There was a full moon that night and it was BEAUTIFUL with the reflection on the water! I messed with the shutter function on my little camera to take some photos. They show up a little dark on here. They look a bit better on my camera. This is Adam and Susannah facing each other.
Susannah's doing a ballet pose and Adam's doing something weird in this one. I don't know how well you can see it.
I took a few with the flash on. I love the faces in this one. The guy in the middle is Aaron.
Here are some of the others near the dying fire. I love this one of Nate (on the right).

No comments: