Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jack Johnson

A few weeks ago I went to an AMAZING concert in The Woodlands.
JACK JOHNSON! Who doesn't love this guy?
Wendy and I got tickets before summer and had been super excited. We met for some grub before and then walked over to the Pavilion. We were in for some interesting weather, though, as you may be able to tell behind us!
We had a pleasant surprise - we ended up sitting right behind Misty, Nichole, and Cynthia.
It started pouring down rain in the middle of the opening acts. It was a serious thunderstorm! Cynthia gets the friend of the century award, though, because she sat behind Wendy and me and shared her umbrella with us. We all still got soaked, though. You can't really tell in this picture.
We were soggy the whole concert. Luckily it stopped raining just before Jack came out, but we had little puddles in our chairs and it was humid enough that we just didn't dry off! The good thing is that it really cooled the weather! We've had a HOT few weeks!
Katherine showed up just after the rain stopped. She worked her magic and got in for free. I don't know how that girl does it!
We were back far enough that I couldn't get a good picture, but I took this one off of one of those big screens.

Here's a video of part of one of his songs.
After a while, I walked down closer to try and get a better picture. Sorry this one is so dark.
Here's a video of him singing Banana Pancakes - one of my favorites!
The sad news for the day besides being caught in the rain is that one of my Surfah slippers broke. They were pretty old. I got really muddy walking down to get that last picture and instead of carrying home and cleaning off muddy broken slippers . . .
I decided to just throw them away after the concert. I was trying to make a sad face here, but didn't have a lot of success.
I'll tell you what - I have even more respect for Jack Johnson after going to his concert. Not only is he a great singer/guitar player, he's also very nice and he's very classy. I say classy because he didn't say a single swear word or make any inappropriate comments. Way to go! Also, he's been with his wife for 17 years and he's from Hawaii!

2 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

Sorry about your flip-flops, guess we need another trip to Hawaii to get more. Jack Johnson just looks like a nice guy.

Susannah said...

I like Jack...Jealous!!! Thanks for the post!