Sunday, August 8, 2010

My projects

As part of my last full week of freedom before I'm back to school commitments, I have been pretty busy on a few things.
One of these has been my shower. I don't know if any of you ever run into the problem of nasty stuff getting behind the caulk and being impossible to clean, but my shower was really bad. I pulled out all the dirty caulk then spent hours scraping and cleaning out the gross stuff. This picture is after the caulk was removed and in the process of scraping.
Here I am all gross during the caulking phase.
And, finally the finished product. I love it now! I hope it lasts at least a little while!
This last weekend, my friend, Katie threw a Canadian party where the main event was to watch "Strange Brew." I hadn't seen it before, but am now a big fan. It is very dumb, but very funny, eh?
This fits in the "my projects" post because I offered to bring something to the party and got assigned to make a 7 layer dip that looked like the Canadian flag. This was my attempt. It's really hard to control diced tomatoes, but it turned out alright!

4 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Well done, Alona!

We just make it a point to recaulk every year....it stinks, but the strategy pays off, I think!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

go you for cleaning out the shower. Since you're a pro...you can come over any time for our shower. :)

Awesome job on the 7 layer dip. I love them!

Wendy Sue said...

Gorgeous shower!! and cute 7-layer dip.

Susannah said...

Way to go!! I like the dip too!! I thought you were with me when I watched Strange Brew... I guess not!