Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week of Workshops

This last week I was gone from Sunday evening all the way until Saturday afternoon at two different workshops.
Sunday evening I drove to Round Top, TX to the Round Top Retreat for a "Capturing Kids Hearts" workshop. The retreat was amazing. The main house had 3 stories. The first two both had these huge wrap around porches with tons of rocking chairs.
This is a front view of the big house.
The grounds were huge and so beautiful. There were at least 4 other houses on the property too, that they would use for bigger groups than ours turned out to be.
I loved this covered arch walking into the grounds from the parking area.
This is a side view of the big house from the parking area. When I drove up in the dark, I thought it was a huge barn.
There were walking trails all around the grounds that we put to good use!
There was a little pond just off to the side that had awesome color! It reminded me of the lakes I saw in Canada this last summer. Becky and I posed in front of it! :)
Here are Dunia, Becky, and Lori.
This is inside the big house in the meeting room we had our trainings in each day. It was pretty cold in there so we had to bundle up!
Lori and I were just across from them that first day.
This is the side of the bedroom I stayed in. I loved the old antique style of everything there.
Here's our whole group just before we finished up on the last day. I feel like I got to know most of them pretty well. It was a fantastic training! I highly recommend it.
We had to rig up something fancy to get our cameras set for the timers. I love this shot!
I drove straight from Round Top Wednesday afternoon to Corpus Christi for my next workshop. After I checked in at the workshop, my first item of business was to get to the hotel. I ended up on the 17th floor and it had quite a view. The ocean was just to the right.
Here's the morning version of that same view.
I took this from the front of our hotel. It looked just as beautiful all three mornings I was there. The timing was perfect to see the sunrise.
As you might expect, I took a few!
This and the next one are both from the bus that took us from our hotel to the place where our conference was.
Love it!
This view is right outside of the America Bank Center where the Autism Conference was held. This is the USS Lexington.
Here's a zoomed in picture of a couple of the planes on it.
If I wasn't in a big hurry, I enjoyed walking to and from the conference back to the hotel. This courthouse was on the way and was so pretty.
Thursday night I met up with my principal and old principal for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. They had some fun dancing while waiting for our food to arrive.
Here's the whole group of us. Jen came down for this conference too. It was really good to have her there.
This is a view of that big convention center as I was walking to it one morning.
The palm trees that lined the walk were date trees, I believe. This is the only one I saw that was growing fruit.
Jen was a presenter on Saturday. She actually did it twice. I attended her second one.
She was in this huge room and did a really nice job!
Here she is just prior to presenting her second class. I left right after it was over. I was anxious to get home after being gone so long!

3 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

Cool pictures of Round Top and Corpus, I'm sorry that I never got to that part of Texas. I hope all of your workshops were worth the time and effort!! That's pretty famous that Jen was a presenter.

okbushmans said...

What a great week! And gorgeous places to be staying. And thats awesome for Jen! Way to go!

Susannah said...

What a long week! At least you were in pretty places! I didn't realize Jen was presenting. That is pretty cool!