Saturday, May 10, 2008

Surprising Mom

We had a free weekend and we decided it would be a lot of fun to surprise my mom for Mother's Day. We checked with my dad first to make sure they would be around for it. Everything went great and we've had a fun time with them. Here are the highlights of our fun weekend!
My mom threw a baby shower on Saturday. She made her delicious fruit pizza. She gave us the artistic creativity in placing the fruit and we had a lot of fun!
This is a post-glaze picture. We had to take both!Another highlight was going to the river to try out my parents' new kayaks. You can tell that the giant was in there because of his wet bum.Here are mom and Sus in the kayaks.And - a not-so-flattering picture of me. That life vest was squeezing the life out of me.I guess I really just wanted a picture of my cute pedicured toes. This was actually going to be the proof I was in the kayak until my mom snapped the one above this one.After church on Sunday, the men served everyone Hawaiian Haystacks. I really liked their little moving haystack assembly line. We did some family pictures later this afternoon. Everyone looks nice and calm except for me. I almost didn't make it before the timer went off. The camera started slip after I'd already pushed the button and I had to reposition it before running to join the picture.This one's not too bad.
We had to take another one to do the pyramid effect with our heights. It was a great weekend at home. Thanks, family, for being so wonderful!

1 comment:

Dustin said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! It looks like you guys had a great time and I am sure your mom was thrilled when you got there!!