Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

I had a great 4th of July! It's one of my favorite holidays. It's hard to believe that a year ago at this time, I was in Cairo, Egypt!
This year, I started the morning with a game of softball with a big group of friends. It was HOT! We played for a couple of hours, then I had a smaller group of friends over to my house for a BBQ. We watched "The Sandlot" and then just relaxed and talked. It was great.We met up with another group of friends in the Woodlands for some fireworks. We parked across I-45 from the Woodlands Mall area where they were setting off the fireworks. We were sitting on the grass right next to the feeder (frontage) road.
Fun girls!
I'm wearing my 4th of July Cairo shirt. Sadly, I look a bit like a football player in this picture!
I tried to get some pictures of the fireworks, but they never turn out as good as the real deal! The fireworks were amazing. We were so close! They filled the sky and rattled our bones just like fireworks should!
There was a huge rush to get out of there, so we all just sad around by the freeway until things cleared out. Fun times!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

JEALOUS!!!!